The Volunteer Administrative Assistant provides administrative support for the entire organization fulfilling duties as assigned by the executive director or other staff. The position includes general administrative tasks as well as varied assistance with sponsor and donor relations, recruitment, marketing, event planning, or special or seasonal projects.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Coordinate monthly board and event team meetings
- Coordinate appointments for the executive director
- Assist with meeting preparation including creation and/or distribution of agendas and minutes
- Assist with data entry and maintenance of current donor database
- Assist with donor correspondence via phone, email and email
- Help assess and document policies and process
- Create documents and reports
- Assist with marketing and communications
- Maintain equipment and supplies
- Maintain supply of marketing materials
Required Skills and Experience:
- Prior administrative experience or current enrollment in training program
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team and follow through with directions
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google mail and calendar
- Ability to learn new web based software
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Excellent people skills
- Organized and punctual
- Strong commitment to the Many Lights mission
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Interest in helping shape the growth of a new organization
- Solid critical thinking skills
- Upbeat and energetic
- Writing and graphic design abilities a plus
Requested Commitment: 3-6 hours per week for at least one year.
The Many Lights Foundation is building a multigenerational neighborhood in the Puget Sound area that provides support to adoptive and kinship parents and connects caring seniors, who serve as honorary grandparents, with foster children in need of permanence and stability.
Join us and help make a difference for foster children, seniors, and forever families at Hope Lights community.
For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete your application here.