We are currently seeking to expand our Board of Directors. Please review the following details about board membership and apply here if you would like to submit an application.
Leadership, Governance, and Oversight
- Select, support, and evaluate the President
- Recruit potential board members and volunteers
- Ensure adequate resources for the organization’s operations
- Raise funds to meet the future goals of the organization
- Establish operational and program policies
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Represent the organization in the community
- Speak and advocate for the organization and its mission
- Evaluate your own work and the work of the board
- Plan strategically for the future of the organization
- Consider Many Lights a philanthropic priority so that Many Lights can credibly solicit contributions from foundations, organizations, and individuals
- Make an annual contribution commensurate with capacity
- Participate in fund development activities throughout the year
- Commitment to mission and vision of paramount importance!
- Strong people skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Critical thinking skills, ability to make decisions in a collaborative, professional environment
- Prior board experience desired but not required
- Serve a minimum 2-year term
- Attend monthly board meetings
- Attend annual retreat or strategic planning meeting
- Actively work on one or more committees
- Participate in special projects as needed including fundraising
- Demonstrate dedication and commitment to the organization’s mission
- Educate self on board development; attend board training at least once a year
Time Commitment: Board members may expect to serve on average 4-10 hours per month. Meetings are the second Wednesday of each month.
Miscellaneous: Service and possible leadership on a committee is requested. If you have not served on a board, we request that you seek board training. Opportunities are available in-person or online through various organizations in our area. A willingness to share our mission and to connect us with your network, or others you know in the community who may help advance our cause, is imperative. Diversity and inclusion is of high value in our organization.