On behalf of adoptive, kinship and guardian families, Many Lights leads the Post Adoption Support Coalition in Washington State.
The coalition works to strengthen and improve post-adoption services through analysis, advocacy and education. The coalition analyzes the effectiveness and accessibility of post-adoption services in Washington, identifies areas for improvement, prioritizes top goals, and engages with key stakeholders to improve services.
We support Washington families by advocating for effective and accessible post-adoption services that are essential to:
- Ensure families stay together
- Keep children out of foster care
- Raise children to realize their full potential
Priorities and Strategies
Keep children and families intact and out of the child welfare system.
- Provide adoptive, guardian and kin (relative) families with the respite resources they need and deserve to keep their families intact and highly functional
- Create One Stop WA, a statewide resource for families raising traumatized children. (To include post-adoption resources website, social media outreach, live person phone-based referral, information, and support.)
Become part of this coalition and help adoptive, relative, and guardian families thrive!
Contact Helen Lakeru at firstname.lastname@example.org.