If you are an unpaid caregiver that provides 40 or more hours a week of care/support, you may be eligible for help through Lifespan Respite Washington.
Lifespan Respite Washington:
- Offers vouchers for unpaid caregivers to take much-needed breaks from the demands of caregiving.
- Provides vouchers for up to $1,000 to pay for respite services with contracted agencies.
- Can assist you through the application process and answer your questions.
- An unpaid caregiver
- Provide 40 or more hours a week of care/support
- Caregiver or the person cared for is not enrolled in a respite or Medicaid personal care program
- Live in Washington State.
What to Expect
- Complete an Application
- Receive approval
- Choose a qualified respite provider
- Complete a Family Caregiver Agreement form if applicable
- Receive Authorization from Lifespan Respite WA
- Take the respite break
Types of Respite Care
- In-home respite (e.g., home care agency)
- Center-based day respite (e.g., adult day services)
- Community access respite (individual or group activities)
- Out of home respite care (camps)
Linda J. Porter
Lifespan Respite WA Homage Senior Services
Learn more at lifespanrespitewa.org.